Updated Wed, 2015-04-01 09:56
Hotels for WTM sold out last year. Don't miss out on staying near the action, scroll down to the Accommodation section and book your hotel today.
Event LocationLAKE LAS VEGAS
Los Angeles, CA: 4 hrs., 30 mins.
Phoenix, AZ: 4 hrs., 40 mins.
Rest of World: Please consult your favorite travel agent.
Las Vegas:35 mins.
*The price shown includes a mandatory $50 insurance fee.
World’s Toughest Mudder® Presented by Cellucor is the culminating event of the Tough Mudder® global calendar, and takes the concept of being a Tough Mudder to a whole new level. Designed to push Mudders℠ to their physical and mental limits, this extreme competition puts the world’s most hardcore Mudders through a grueling 24-hour obstacle challenge with double the obstacles per mile of any other Tough Mudder event.
Unlike any other Tough Mudder event, World’s Toughest Mudder is a competition, with three official categories designed to find the toughest man, woman, and 4+ person team on the planet, plus cash prizes and other awards up for grabs, including an award for the largest World's Toughest Mudder team.
But more than a competition, WTM is the unofficial end-of-year gathering of Mudder Legion. As TM's only truly global event, it offers both the opportunity for regular Tough Mudder teams to come together to face the most challenging of all Mudder events, while also offering the chance to meet and become friends with Mudders from around the world.
**NEW IN 2015** This year WTM will introduce a new Team Relay category into the competition which will replace the Team category from previous years. The prize pool will remain the same, but the rules have changed. (Please see "Race Format" for more info.)
Located 35 minutes away from the Las Vegas Strip (the event’s first major obstacle is leaving the partying until afterwards), and just 30 minutes from Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport (LAS), Lake Las Vegas is an ideal venue for the 2014 World’s Toughest Mudder. The site contains several hundred acres of rolling desert landscape and runs alongside a massive freshwater lake. Several natural terrain features and use of the lake will be incorporated into the WTM course design. Temperatures are also expected to fluctuate significantly between day and night.
WTM 2015 is a 5-mile circuit race with 20-25 of Tough Mudder’s insane obstacles, including the debut of new 2016 obstacles and a handful of WTM only obstacles, at a rate of 4 obstacles per mile. Participants set up camp in an area called “The Pit” in order to rest, recharge and refuel during the event – aided by up to 2 “Pit Crew” per participant (see below). When it’s over, the event winners will be the man, woman and team (4+) that achieve the most laps in a 24-hour period between 2:00:00pm, November 14th, 2015 and 2:00:00pm November 15th, 2014 (participants then will be given until 3:00:00pm on Sunday to finish their final lap). Important Format Updates in 2015:
- Race Begins 2:00:00pm Saturday, November 14th, 2015 and Ends 2:00:00pm Sunday
- Participants will have (1) additional hour to complete their last lap on Sunday
- Last Lap Rule Change: All participants intending to earn the official Black 24hr headband must complete a “Final Lap” after 1:00:00pm on Sunday to be eligible for the 24hrs of WTM.
Team Relay Format
- Must be in a team of (4) or more
- At least 50% (or more) of the team must be on active laps at all times (i.e. team of four must have at least two competitors on course, teams of five must have at least 3 competitors on course at all times)
- Teams will have 30 minutes of turnover in The Pit after each completed lap
- Teams must complete the first and last lap together
Before you consider entering World’s Toughest Mudder®, you must understand this event will push you to your limits and beyond. Only those who are in top physical condition, maintain (or are willing to initiate) a regular workout regime - and most of all who have completed multiple Tough Mudders or events of comparable difficulty - should even consider registering.
Ultimately, however, this event is not about how fast you can run or how much you can lift or having a set of six-pack abs. It is about having the determination, strength, stamina, and mental and physical grit to go 24 hours, alongside the most hardcore Mudders on the planet, and beyond what you ever thought you would be able to accomplish. Whether your goal is 25 miles (nearly 1/3 of the field), 50 miles, or 75 and beyond, those who register for this event must be prepared to put in a lot of hard work before event day. Because when it comes to World’s Toughest Mudder, you better show up as the best version of yourself–or not at all. If that sounds like something you want to do, then WTM might be for you. If not, then please type http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com into your web browser and spend your hard-earned dollars there instead. (We hear their new line of duvet covers are just luxurious.)
Click here to review the official rules for World's Toughest Mudder 2014 (please note that these are out of date and will be updated in the coming months).
Due to the expected volume of returning past WTM participants, the global draw of Las Vegas, and the initiation of the Mudder Legion program, WTM 2014 is expected to sell out prior to the actual event. If you are considering entering, please do not delay in purchasing your ticket.
You’ve seen Tough Mudder. But never like this. Volunteer and be part of this epic event so you can run a Tough Mudder for $20 in 2016. It could be your training run and you never know, you could be ready for WTM next year. Volunteer now.
Click here to book your hotel at Lake Las Vegas. Tough Mudder has partnered with the Westin Lake Las Vegas and the Hilton Lake Las Vegas to offer you the lowest rates at two properties in walking distance to the event. Act now to secure your rooms as these properties will sell-out.
Pre Event: Carb Load Dinner
Come join your fellow World’s Toughest Mudders and TMHQ staff for a pre event Carb Load Dinner. This event, located at The Westin Resort on Lake Las Vegas, will include an unlimited pasta dinner and beverages, a session on course tactics with race director Nolan Kombol, a 2016 obstacle innovation preview, and an appearance by Sean Corvelle. A free raffle for a chance to win an entry to World’s Toughest 2016, multiple 2016 Tough Mudder events, a VIP Westin Vacation Package and tons of great merch. If that’s not enough – each attendee will receive a swag bag full of sponsor giveaways and our official Tough Mudder photographers will be on site taking Tough portraits. Check back in the coming months to purchase your tickets.
Post Event: Awards Ceremony
For the first time we will be hosting a post event dinner and Awards Ceremony. The ceremony will feature the WTM Champions, Official Top Prize giveaway, Recap video and photos, and Official WTM Merchandise and memorabilia. This will replace the onsite awards celebration. The location and ticket price will be be determined in the coming months. Please stay tuned.
Awards and Prizes
WTM 2015 Prizes
Special awards given to those achieving the following:
25 miles — 25 Mile Recognition
Awarded — 25 Mile Recognition badge
50 miles — 50 Miler Award
Awarded — The Brown WTM Bib
75 miles — 75 Miler Award
Awarded — 2016 Season Pass
Awarded — The Silver WTM Bib
100 miles — 100 Miler Award
Awarded — Free Entry to WTM 2016 & 2016 Season Pass
Awarded — The Orange WTM Bib
125 miles — 125 Miler Award
Awarded — Lifetime Tough Mudder entry
Awarded — The Black & Orange WTM Bib
Team Relay 2015 Prizes
Two additional prize categories exist at World’s Toughest Mudder:
BLACK OPS — For the most laps completed between sunset and sunrise. Only laps started after sunset and completed before sunrise will count towards winning the “Black Ops” award. Regular WTM lap completion rules apply. Nighttime rules apply.
Awarded — Free Entry to a Tough Mudder
Awarded — The Black WTM Bib
FASTEST LAP — Awarded to the participant completing the fastest first (1st) lap.
Awarded — Free Entry to a Tough Mudder
Awarded — The Green WTM Bib
One-of-a-kind recognitions of some of the amazing feats that happen during WTM, including:
OLDEST WORLD'S TOUGHEST MUDDER
MOST MONEY RAISED FOR WWP®
FARTHEST TRAVELED TO GET TO WTM
LARGEST TEAM TO ATTEND WTM
Tough Mudder encourages WTM participants to wear their WTM-earned bibs at regular Tough Mudder events.
COURSE TYPE: Circuit Course
TOTAL DISTANCE: 5 miles
Longer swims: 100-200 yrds
Unique obstacle selection: Debuting new 2016 TM obstacles (Only appearing at WTM)
Greater elevations gains: 800 ft+ of gain over 5 miles
Challenging terrain: Desert gullies, steep cliffs, rolling hills
World’s Toughest Mudder Pit Crew
Even the World's Toughest Mudders need some support.
The role of the Pit Crew is to support WTM Contenders, both in the Pit and in race strategy. Being a Pit Crew member this year gives you better access than at past events. WTM 2015 will allow special access for Pit Crew members in the timing tent to view, sort and print race results for competitor review and overall race strategy. Pit Crew will also be permitted to stay in the Pit for the full 24 hours of the competition, with unlimited access to enter and exit the Pit.
Navigate to the "event details" tab at the top of the page for more info.
Pit & Pit Crew
- 1st Selection: WTM veterans & 10+ Mudder Legion (black & orange)
- 2nd Selection: 4-9x Mudder Legion (pink & yellow)
- 3rd Selection: 2-3x Mudder Legion (green & blue)
- 4th Selection: Orange Headbands
- 5th Selection: Non Mudders
- Two (2) Pit Crew members maximum, per participant.
- Registration is $40 per Crew member.
- Pit Crew members must bring a government issued photo ID in order to enter the event.
- They are also required to sign a waiver.
- Pit Crew has 24-hour access to the WTM Pit and public areas on the course.
- They may exit and re-enter the event as long as they still have their wristbands on.
- 24 hr Access to the WTM Pit
- Ability to sleep in the Pit
- Regular access to the course
- Access to food preparation areas
- Unlimited (ins) and (outs) of the Pit
- Official WTM Pit Crew T-Shirt
- Special Timing Tent Privileges
- Ability to access a Pit Crew only timing desk which will allow Pit Crew members to view/print lap times for all athletes.
Don’t leave home without it
- Ticket(s): Either print your EventBrite ticket(s) or download the EventBrite app to display your tickets on your phone when you arrive at check-in.
- Signed Waiver: Print and sign your waiver before arriving on-site. This will speed up your check-in process.
- Photo ID: A valid photo ID is required to verify your registration. Your ID must have your picture. You will not be allowed in without proper identification, defined as a government-issued ID with name, signature, photo and birth date such as a driver’s license or passport. Don’t leave your ID in the car – you’ll have to go back and get it.
- Cash: Bring a pocket full of cash for concessions, beer & merchandise. ATMs will be available in the base area, but we strongly recommend you bring cash with you – ATM service could be interrupted, leaving you sad and hungry.
- Seriously consider bringing a wetsuit/s and wetsuit accessories. Please undertake your research on this point and come fully prepared.
- UA TOUGH MUDDER FTHR SHIELD TRAIL RUNNING SHOES or normal running shoes. Spikes or cleats are strictly prohibited.
- Sunscreen. It’s Vegas - there will be sun.
- Gloves and hat. It’s a desert - the weather gets cold at night.
- Warm/dry clothing to change into after the event.
- Optional: Hydration system filled with water.
- Not optional: Please arrive fully hydrated and take advantage of water stations on course.
Parking & Check-In
When you arrive
The 2015 WTM Pit will be open camping for all athletes and pit crew. Preferred camping based on Tough Mudder tenure.
* Validation for TM tenure will be checked via colored headband on site and through TM records
2015 WTM Pit Crew Rules:
Still have questions? Click here to check out the WTM FAQs.
Pit Crew Benefits
All participants and spectators must sign a waiver in order to enter the event. Please check back closer to the event date to download your waivers.
All participants must also sign the medical form in order to participate in World's Toughest Mudder. Please check back closer to the event date to download the medical form.
Save time: print and sign your waiver before arriving on site.
Check back here on Aug 1st when we'll post our Pit Kit list describing all the must-have items you'll need for the event.
What to Wear
Parking details and check-in times will be available 1 week before event weekend.
PRO TIP: Arrive early, most WTM contenders arrive (1) day before competition in order to appropriately prepare a camp space. Check In and Pit set up will open Friday morning (1) day before the race. 1st Selection will occur early on Friday.
Day-of Event Registration
Because of demand, there will be no day of registrations available. Tickets are likely to sell out (1-2) months prior to the event.
Stay tuned. Detailed course info coming soon.
Need a place to stay? We have special room deals for World's Toughest Mudders at Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort and Spa.
We offer pre-paid parking at most Tough Mudder events. Please stay tuned for email updates and check back closer to event weekend for more parking information.
Storytelling relays softer side of Tough MudderREAD ARTICLE >>
Tough Mudder shares the secret to building the perfect obstacle course
The new obstacle courses set to challenge the best of the best in Tough Mudder's endurance races this year focus heavily on teamwork, tenacity and, of course, plenty of tough mud to fight through. You wouldn’t want it any other way, would you? ...READ ARTICLE >>
From pre-event to post-event, our timeline makes sure you never skip a beat.
Congratulations to our World’s Toughest Mudder winners
2014 Men's Winner
Number of laps completed: 19
2014 Women's Winner
Number of laps completed: 15
2014 Team Winner
Team Wolf Pack
AVG. AGE: 30
Number of laps completed: 15
Miguel Medina, 27
Dennis Welch, 35
Mark Jones, 33
Hunter McIntyre, 26
2013 Men's Winner
Number of laps completed: 20
2013 Women's Winner
Number of laps completed: 17
2013 Team Winner
AVG. AGE: 33
Number of laps completed: 20
Kevin Lasko, 32 - Point Pleasant, NJ
John Fagan, 34 - Sykesville, MD
Jeremy Bucalo, 33 - Shrewsbury, PA
Tony Fontana, 34 - Laurel, MD
2012 Men's Winner
Number of laps completed: 9
2012 Women's Winner
Number of laps completed: 9
2012 Team Winner
Nine Inch Males
AVG. AGE: 23
Number of laps completed: 6
Zachariah Price - Stanhope, NJ
Jonathan Roman - Stanhope, NJ
Scott Roman - Stanhope, NJ
Stephen Roman - Stanhope, NJ
2011 Women's Winner
Number of laps completed: 6
2011 Men's Winner
Number of laps completed: 7
Our photographers will be out on the course taking action shots of you and your teammates. They'll be capturing the good, the bad and the ugly. We make you mark your bib number on your face and an arm or leg. How else are you going to find your picture when you're caked in mud?