- 3 scoops Bulk Nutrients Egg Protein or 1 x sachet Bulk Nutrients Quick Egg Breakfast
- 1 whole egg
- 80ml water
- Salt and pepper
- ½ avocado – sliced
- Handful Spinach
- 60g bacon – cooked with fat removed
- 45g cooked brown rice
- ½ serve homemade baked beans – recipe below
- 2 tablespoon ricotta
- 1 large wholemeal wrap
- Greek yogurt – to serve
- Pre-prepare bacon, rice, homemade beans and eggs.
- To make eggs: Whisk together egg protein powder, water and whole egg. Cook over a low heat until scrambled.
- To assemble: Place all fillings on burrito in an even line down the middle.
- As a result, this will allow a few centimetres at each end.
- Fold in ends and roll up.
- Finally, cut in half to eat immediately or take on the go.
Note: Seasoning the eggs is advisable after being cooked, not before or during. As a result, adding salt to eggs beforehand will draw out the moisture and make them dry.
To make homemade baked beans:
Makes: 3 cups
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 450g beans (pinto or white)
- 2 brown onions
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- Heat coconut oil in a pot on the stove.
- Place onion and garlic into the pot and cook until softened.
- And then add vinegar and cook to reduce.
- Add in all other ingredients and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for approximately one hour or until reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Enjoy immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge for later.