If you mudders want a secret weapon for your last minute training, he’s arrived. Popeye The Sailor Man has teamed up with Tough Mudder and he’s given us his Top 5 Tips to make you Strong To The Finish™ on the big day. Over to you, Popeye!
- I didn’t gets to be the humble legend I am just because of my bulging arms and winning personality. It was because I don’ts even know how to spell the word ‘quit’. Seriously, Olive Oyl had help me write it just now.
- Protein bars and smoothies are for fancy types. All’s you need is a good ol’ fashioned can of spinach.
- Takes it from a little guy, no challenge is too big. Keep on fightin’ and remember: the higher ya have to climb, the sweeter the view is from the top.
- Here’s my favourite daily workout: Lift a tugboat, race a train on foot, then wrestle an angry crocodile till she quits. Do 2 sets if yer serious.
- If ya can’t finds a tugboat or yer crocodiles are too calm, try my Fitness Challenges instead.
Check out the Popeye Strong page for Popeye’s Push-Up Challenge, Squat Challenge and Plank Challenge to push you to the max in your last training weeks!