Sweet And Salty Breakfast Bars
You are going to fall in love with these Sweet and Salty Breakfast Bars. Recipe provided by Bulk Nutrients
- 3/4 cup (105g) whole raw almonds
- 1/4 cup (35g) almond meal
- 3/4 cup (140g) pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (100g) buckwheat groats
- 1 cup (100g) shredded coconut
- 125ml coconut oil – melted
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons (40g) almond or peanut butter
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients Earth Protein in Vanilla or Bulk Nutrients Mug Cake in Creamy Banana
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
add 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line one baking tray and one brownie tray with baking paper.
- Place almonds and pepitas in a food processor and blitz until mixture forms small chunks. Place in a mixing bowl with buckwheat groats, shredded coconut, almond meal and ⅓ of melted coconut oil. Mix to combine.
- Spread the nut mix evenly over baking tray. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, tossing the mixture after 10 minutes.
- Once crispy and golden brown, remove nut mix from the oven and pour back into the mixing bowl.
- Melt together remaining coconut oil, nut butter and rice malt syrup over a low heat on the stove.
- Pour over toasted nut mix. Add cinnamon, vanilla essence, salt, and Earth Protein and mix well.
- Firmly press the mixture in to prepared brownie tray. Place in the fridge or freezer to set for at least one hour or preferably overnight.
- Remove from fridge and cut into slices to serve. We served as ten large breakfast bars, but you can cut to any size.