With Australia’s inaugural Toughest Mudder taking place in exactly one month time, we wanted to give all our Toughest competitors a bit more information about what to expect on the night.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Your Ticket
- Safety Strobe flasher
- Closed-toe footwear
- Extra warm, dry clothes
- Extra Dry shoes and socks
- Your most dedicated friend in your support crew
- Wetsuit (recommended)
What cooking facilities will be available?
- Limited Microwaves will be available for use
- Free tea & coffee
- Boiling Water
Do I need to buy parking/spectator tickets? How many people can I bring with me?
- No costs for parking
- No costs for spectator tickets. Unlimited spectators can observe from the village, no ticket required. Note: no access to the course – only viewing points in the Village.
- Strictly only 2 support crew per athlete. The following “Support Crew” support is allowed:
1. Accessing equipment and supplies in the Athlete’s assigned Drop Zone space
2. Updating Athlete on positions of other Athletes;
3. Provision of food (Support Crew will have access to microwaves in the Mudder Village or they may bring cooked food from elsewhere] ;
4. Assistance changing clothing/equipment
From what time can I come on site?
- Car park opens at 8:30pm. Registration opens at 9:30pm
What food/drink will we have available?
- There will not be any food outlets open at night. So you must bring all your own food and drinks supplies. Please note due to our liquor licence, no BYO alcohol is permitted.
How will the Drop Zone area work?
The Drop Zone will be a covered event space where each participant will be provided a space for storage of gear, food, and supplies during the event
Each participant will be provided half a trestle table to leave their gear, these will be allocated upon arrival. All belongings must fit into the designated space.
Only registered Athletes and Support Crew will be allowed entry into the Drop Zone
Does Toughest count to their legionnaire/headband status?
- Yes. You get a black Toughest headband upon completion, and the event will count as 1 event towards your legionnaire status.
What are the official rules?
Please make sure you have a complete read of the rule book so you understand the rule of Toughest Mudder. TMHQ reserves the right to change the rules if deemed necessary.
What obstacles will be on course?
We will be releasing the full course map and obstacles two weeks before the event, 7th May, so keep an eye out for that.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.